I found this beautiful Japanese Maple one winter while wandering around rural Pennsylvania. I returned to it often to find it different lights, and photographed it dozens of times throughout the year, but I couldn't wait for the autumn to catch it in the peak of its colorful cycle. I loved the way its branches stretched out, mimicking arteries or other fractal patterns often found in nature. I waited for a clear morning and captured the sun glowing through the brilliant golden leaves, backlighting the tree in an ethereal glow.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor