The Sea Ranch was developed in the 1960s as a planned community in Northern California, with structures intended to blend harmoniously with the natural surroundings. It is famous for it's spectacular coastal setting and is a popular location of landscape photographers who take advantage of the western exposure in late afternoon.
Morning sun can be intriguing as well as it rises above the nearby hills and lights up the Monterey cypress and native grasses that dominate the area. Scenes available in the morning are quite different than the more familiar ocean views.
While walking one morning I stood on a point surrounded by water and looked back across a cove to see the sunlight splintered through a cypress tree and barely illuminating the wildflowers near me. The suns rays were accentuated by a light morning mist rising off the ocean.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor