Everytime I visit this mountain I am in awe. 41 years ago when this mountain erupted it was anything but beautiful. It was downright terrifying. I was very young when Helens erupted but I remember the moment well. The destruction of the May 18th 1980 eruption is still very evident today, yet the slowly recovering ecosystem is breathtaking.
I knew before I headed out on this trip up to the mountain that if given the right conditions I wanted to try and capture an image that showed the destruction yet the beauty of the mountain and its surrounds.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor