Everytime I visit this mountain I am in awe. 41 years ago when this mountain erupted it was anything but beautiful. It was downright terrifying. I was very young when Helens erupted but I remember the moment well. The destruction of the May 18th 1980 eruption is still very evident today, yet the slowly recovering ecosystem is breathtaking.
I knew before I headed out on this trip up to the mountain that if given the right conditions I wanted to try and capture an image that showed the destruction yet the beauty of the mountain and its surrounds.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor