Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This past spring I took a photo trip to explore areas around Hood River, Oregon. One of my favorite places to visit for spring wildflowers is at Rowena Crest in the Columbia River Gorge. The winds were really strong the entire trip but I decided to make the best of it. Even though the balsamroot & lupine were blowing in the wind each morning I visited, I just played around with various shutter speeds to try and freeze the action so I wouldn’t have unwanted motion blur.
While I was there I really didn't think I would come away with anything that I would like. Sometimes when I feel this may be the case while out in the field, I just decide I’m going to enjoy the moment. Afterall, it was a very beautiful morning and I was glad I made the effort to get up early. Later while back at home, I saw this particular photo and decided the swaying flowers really represented that morning so well and it kind of grew on me.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor