After staying the night in Rifugio Scoiatolli at Cinque Torri, we got up at silly o'clock to catch the dawn (after shooting the Milky Way until around 12.30). Finding a patch of Adenostyles in the pre-dawn light I set up to catch this image of the sun catching the clouds behind the Cinque Torri. There may or may not have been a little adjusting of the white balance to match the colour in the flowers. There were later shots of the sun shining through the gap between the towers and even a sunstar, but in the end I've chosen to go with this pre-sunrise shot with the clouds.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor