In 2019 we had two main astronomical events in Southern Brazil. A partial solar eclipse (at sunset) and a partial lunar eclipse (at moonrise). In the first one it was absolutely impossible to shoot, even driving as far as 300km from home, once it was completely overcast. In the second, on the other hand, the forecast was great and my plane was to shoot the eclipsed full moon rising over the Atlantic Ocean.
After some research on Google maps I choose this island (Curais Island - located 11km away from the beach) in the Paraná State coast to compose with the rising moon. At the location I've found the right place and waited until the right time. The light and the view were amazing. Once the ocean was too crispy I decide to include a breaking wave in the foreground.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor