There was a thunderstorm brewing by my house. I saw the ominous clouds and went outside to photograph the show. This is five shots combined in Photomatix Pro to make one HDR photo. The shutter speeds I used are 0.5 seconds, 1/5 second, 0.30000 seconds, and 0.8 seconds.
I used a focal length of 24mm. Watching the clouds, color, and light change as each minute went by was amazing. I took many shots, but this is one of my favorites. Central Oregon has some interesting weather. I've been told that if I don't like it, wait 10 minutes and it will change! I've found that to be true.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor