Hawaii Island is a very young island, geologically speaking. It has existed for only about one million years. It has two active volcanos and several dormant ones. Evidence of volcanic activity is abundant.
This sinkhole is located on a beach strewn with lava rock on the island's dry side near the Kona Airport. A local photographer told us about it and visited there for sunset. It was a memorable sunset between the haze from the vog (volcanic fog) and glorious clouds.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor