Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I was driving from Valdez to Anchorage Alaska in February on a very cold morning (-30° F) and shortly before reaching the Eureka roadhouse the sun began to rise behind the far distant mountains.
The ice fog was so thick that you could look directly at the sun with no problem. The frozen, snow covered black spruce trees made for a great foreground so I stopped to take this photo.
It was so cold that I couldn't shoot from my vehicle because the heat waves exiting through the window resulted in significant distortion. Consequently I got out of the vehicle, ran to the other side of the road and grabbed a few shots with different exposures & compositions. This is the shot I like best.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor