I visited Machrihanish to play golf with my son and our friend Jonathan. The game was followed by dinner on the terrace at the Old Club House Restaurant, overlooking the beach with a view of Islay and Jura silhouetted against the evening sky. As the evening drew on I knew that I had to get my camera and tripod setup on the beach and try to capture the beauty of the scene. I added my LEE big stopper onto the front of my trusty Canon 24-105mm (F4) lens and then let the water just smooth out by a 40s exposure (F11). I feel that the rocks exposed in the foreground, which were selected for their foreground interest, were a miniature representation of the mountanous islands on the horizon. I remember that it was a tranquil evening with no breeze - just me on the beach being watched by my young guardians, who were happy to relax into the view after a hard day on the golf course.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor