I photographed these frosty oaks in Yosemite Valley, California USA. My original intent was to photograph misty forest - since it was raining day before and I expected mist to develop at sunrise. However, overnight temperatures quickly fell well below freezing point, which caused mist to freeze on trees and other vegetation. The forest looked like winter wonderland, in spite the fact that there was no snow. Needless to say how cold it was that morning. It was a challenge trying to operate the control knobs on my camera and tripod with frozen hands, but the experience was magical and rewarding.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor