The Eastern Sierra Nevada is one of my favorite places to visit and photograph. This is the Sierra and Mount Whitney with a reflection on Diaz Lake, just south of Lone Pine, California.
I ventured out one early morning to get set up for this and was rewarded with gorgeous sunrise light on the range, with a gentle breeze on the lake creating an ever so small movement. This capture was taken at around 06:30. I enjoy the different layers starting at the lake, moving through the foothills and up to the mighty peaks of the Sierra Nevada with Mount Whitney, the highest summit in the Lower 48 States of the U.S. at 14,505 feet.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor