The Eastern Sierra Nevada is one of my favorite places to visit and photograph. This is the Sierra and Mount Whitney with a reflection on Diaz Lake, just south of Lone Pine, California.
I ventured out one early morning to get set up for this and was rewarded with gorgeous sunrise light on the range, with a gentle breeze on the lake creating an ever so small movement. This capture was taken at around 06:30. I enjoy the different layers starting at the lake, moving through the foothills and up to the mighty peaks of the Sierra Nevada with Mount Whitney, the highest summit in the Lower 48 States of the U.S. at 14,505 feet.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor