This is one of my favorite spots in Yosemite National Park, the iconic Half Dome has an imposing view and the Merced River runs through the scene. I knew this place by heart that I memorized the best time of day and year to photograph each scene.
Typically, early morning and late afternoon is the best time to photograph a reflection as the wind breeze is almost completely zero. For this photo, I took this just about a few minutes after the sun rises as I had envisioned. The sun rays gently caresses the crown of North Dome while passing through Half Dome. With the use of CP filter and dialing the aperture to the smallest opening, I was able to capture my desired sunburst.
Another beautiful autumn scene in Yosemite National Park, my favorite place in the world.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor