I was in the Dolomites once again in October 2019 to capture the fall colors. I was staying in the Seiser Alm region. A very early alarm woke me up to some Alto-Cumulus clouds all built up in the dark sky as yet. I wasn't sure about the physics behind it but from prior experience I knew how these fluffy clouds would give me a spectacular sunrise to photograph.
I made a quick dash to this scenic Sonn Lake in the distant corner of Seiser Alm region and was greeted with an absolute still lake with no winds, the sun still below the horizon but already painting the sky crimson blood red. A tripod, five bracketed exposures blending them later in Lightroom plus Photoshop and yes, the early morning alarm did it all.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor