I shoot the vast majority of my pictures in a relatively small area around where I live. This is partly out of efficiency reasons, as I prefer spending most of my limited time taking pictures instead of travelling to a location. More importantly, staying local adds – to me – an element of authenticity to my pictures. The downside of this strict focus is that at certain times of the year – mostly between seasons – nature doesn’t always provide for photogenic scenery– when the vegetation isn’t “right”, the light doesn’t play ball, etc. This is typically when I head out to a lake around a 20 minute drive from my home. Over time I have scouted a few spots on the lakeshore that lend themselves to minimalist compositions. I took this picture at one of these locations on a grey day in late September when summer was gone and the fall colors had yet to develop their full potential. The fog did almost the entire job of making this a high-key picture, I only had to push it a bit in post-processing.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor