A Sugar shack in the snow……In another life I swear I lived in New England even though I have spent my whole life in the Northwest. I just find New England enchanting, photogenic and somehow home. I just live the old meeting houses, fall colors, rock walls, covered bridges, old barns, lighthouses and sugar shacks.
In one our jaunts to Vermont, this time in December I was blessed with a honest to goodness snow storm with the state putting up road signs warning us that one was coming. So, I endeavored to take maximum advantage of it and early one morning I made the 70 plus mile jaunt to Peacham to capture the iconic scene of the Peacham Congregational Church and its next door red barn in their winter glory. To get the correct angle, one either parks in the local Fire station and huffs it up the open field or drives around Macks Mountain Road to get permission to get to the field through one of the houses.
In an earlier visit, I had met one of the residents of Macks Mountain Road who owned a big chunk of land to the Southwest of the road. He told me that he had an old sugar shack on the property and that he welcomed visitors walking on his land and taking pictures of it. In fact encouraging it. So after I had taken quite a few images of the church and barn, I headed over to the sugar shack.
Although I captured many fine images that day, this image of the old sugar shack is one of my favorites. It’s a wonderful soft image, with the light snow still falling and the clouds are just starting to break up and letting the light of the sun begin to glow through.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor