It's a gorgeous scene. A mountain stream bathed in the beams from the sun. However, the source of the haze that enables those fabulous sunbeams come from disaster. Not disaster in the natural arena, only in the human realm. Their created by the smoke from the 2018 Carr Fire in Northern California that destroyed thousands of structures and killed eight people.
Nature is a powerful force and we're simply guests. Often, the refurbishing of natural areas through fire and other means impedes on people and creates these kinds of destructive forces. For nature, it's business as usual. For us, it often, or should, makes us think about how are we can trample our natural world without repercussion.
Just as often, the destructive forces of nature present beautiful creations, such as these sunbeams on the McCloud River.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor