Kirkjufell mountain in Grundarfjordur on the Snaefellsnes peninsula is certainly one of the most famous mountains in Iceland and is a very popular place for photographers from all over the world when they pass through this magnificent island.
I present you here a photo taken during a photo trip of winter 2017. When we arrived on the island with my fellow photographers, we had suffered from a very difficult weather with a snowstorm lasting for almost 3 days ; after that, the show was there for the rest of the trip. Iceland had become "niceland"!
That night was one of the most magical of my whole life, almost a waking dream ; the conditions were ideals : a very low cloud cover revealing the entire sky, an almost nonexistent wind allowing almost perfect reflections, a high tide in the middle of the night for a maximum mirror area and above all a very intense geomagnetic activity offering us sublime northern lights throughout the night.
It only remained to find the best spot, to position myself ideally and to shoot for hours and hours.
A unique and unforgettable moment !
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor