The calm before a record snowfall would decimate this area, leaving feet of snow behind, transforming the landscape into an impenetrable fortress of granite boulders and snow. One false move, and you could break a leg if you were to try navigating around or on the normally grippy rocks.
It was incredible to see so much snow hit this area. I have spent so much time here over the years, and it was just a unique experience. I was very thankful for the 4-wheel drive and being south enough to escape it!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor