We were already packed and having coffee in our car in the Chucuyo sector, in Lauca National Park, after an entertaining afternoon trekking and photos, when we realized that there were lightning next to the Payachatas volcanoes, so I assembled equipment again to see if I could capture any interesting shots.
I tried some compositions and exposure times until I found something that I liked. From there it was only waiting to catch the lightning in that wonderful setting.
Always take advantage of the opportunities on which one has a hunch, after all, capturing the moments that nature gives you is the essence of landscape photography.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor