During a snowshoe trek with my camera at Mt Sombre Forest in St-Donat-de-Montcalm region, I was hunting for shapes, curves, shadows, textures, and patterns. Passing through this location, the infinite number of lines created by the tree’s shadows caught my attention. The snow’s texture, its purity and the ice crystals floating on that magic carpet also fascinated me. For those conditions, I had learned the importance of exposure to the right (ETTR). The many aspects of snow define for me the beauty of winter, and in late afternoon, shadows are more pronounced. Each time I put on my snowshoes, I anticipate those marvelous moments.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor