As specialized in the ICM (Intentional Camera Movement) technique and with a professional background as a "symphonic" musician and conductor, I really try to create "music" with my images. Always in single exposures and with handheld camera.
All the "foggy impressionist atmosphere" in this image is totally created by my camera movements. The motif in real was quite ordinary. This is what makes this technique so funny to work with. You can create the light and atmosphere just by moving your camera. Not easy, I have practiced for close to 20 years now, but fully possible.
When working with the ICM technique, you often reduce the contrast quite a lot. This I have to, if needed, to compensate in the post process.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor