As specialized in the ICM (Intentional Camera Movement) technique and with a professional background as a "symphonic" musician and conductor, I really try to create "music" with my images. Always in single exposures and with handheld camera.
All the "foggy impressionist atmosphere" in this image is totally created by my camera movements. The motif in real was quite ordinary. This is what makes this technique so funny to work with. You can create the light and atmosphere just by moving your camera. Not easy, I have practiced for close to 20 years now, but fully possible.
When working with the ICM technique, you often reduce the contrast quite a lot. This I have to, if needed, to compensate in the post process.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor