I had arrived at Lake Nordenskjold early this morning hoping for a nice sunrise. The sunrise was pretty much a bust so I roamed around looking for some nice compositions of the Cuernos del Paine peaks. The wind was howling around 30-35 knots and the waters were really kicking up and there was some spitting rain just to make things more comfortable. I was concentrating on trying to get some good shots of the mountains when I happened to look behind me and saw a nice rainbow forming. I rushed around trying to find a good composition before the rainbow faded and came across this tree that had been killed in a fire a few years earlier. Unfortunately, I had a mid range zoom on the camera, so I had to change to the wide angle all the while the wind was blowing bits of rain at me. I finally was able to get set up and managed to get this image along with a few others before the rainbow faded.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor