TAKE PART • WIN $100
For quite a few years my wife and I have been working on visiting the US national parks and monuments, but up until last year nearly all had been out west. In 2019, I had Acadia in mind, and followed the reports of color across Maine to pick the time to go. That turned out to be the third week of October.
The plan was to stay for a week, in order to allow time for shooting in various locations in the park, and to be able to wait out some occasional bad weather. Acadia National Park is spread out over noncontiguous portions of Mount Desert Island and an adjacent peninsula. As we were visiting the various parts of the park, we also passed by the Asticou Azalea Garden, which sits in one of the gaps between the park areas.
We spent about an hour walking around the site and I particularly liked this composition of trees in fine color, reflected in the garden pond.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor