This photograph was taken in mid-September 2023 near the village of St-Viateur, Quebec, Canada. I was scouting for interesting landscapes in this agricultural region. Approaching the area, the weather conditions were mixed. It was sunny on one side and darkly cloudy on the other.
The drama at this spot amazed me, and I had to stop and park the car on the side of the road. The lighting conditions were unbelievable. A gorgeous yellow illuminated carpet contrasted with heavy-colored clouds painted with a rainbow! I did not take the time to install my tripod as I was afraid to lose the rainbow in the scene.
I overexposed by one stop to have a perfect histogram (ETTR) and took the shot handheld. I gathered over 30 images in these marvellous conditions that afternoon and picked up three other rainbows. Once again, it confirms that scouting in cloudy conditions may be worthwhile.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor