TAKE PART • WIN $100
Early one July morning I left my home in Prosser, Washington and drove 2 1/2 hours to Mount Rainier National Park in Washington state. The weather forecast said partly cloudy so I was looking forward to hiking and taking some good photos. To my dismay as I headed up to the Paradise Visitor Center there was fog and mist everywhere. I asked the park ranger when it would clear off but he smiled and said you just never know.
I decided to take a hike on one of the trails above Paradise and this is a breathtaking scene I encountered. In the distance the meadow was covered in avalanche lilies and with the mist it looked magical. I was wishing I would have brought my Canon 70-200mm lens with me to zoom in on the scene but I made do with my smaller lens stretched it up to 70mm.
How you enjoy this wonderful scene.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor