Ascending to 14,410 feet above sea level, Mount Rainier stands as an icon in the Washington landscape. An active volcano, Mount Rainier is the most glaciated peak in the contiguous USA. In the spring time the wildflowers fill the local meadows and surrounding lakes. Getting a good reflection at Reflection Lake or one of the other many lakes in the area can present some challenges. Typically, in the early sunrise the peak is covered in clouds and mist. In fact, many times during the day the peak hides within its sacred shroud only revealing itself unexpectedly or when a camera is not in hand. On the day that I took this photo the mist and clouds covered the mountain almost continually. Then, by luck, there was a short break in the clouds which allowed me only a few minutes to take this photo.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor