I was on my way to Roslin Glen to take some woodland infrared photos when I passed this field - the few trees were easy to isolate and I picked one which was easy to position against the Pentland Hills - the top of which were visible above the skyline. Parking on a verge, I walked back to position the tree central to the hills behind.
I shot this handheld from the roadside - using a tripod here was not practical. No filters were used and I applied a simple levels adjustment in Capture One before exporting the jpg. The vibrant colour of the oil seed rape field worked well against the grey sky - it rained most of the day.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor