La Punta del Fangar is a small peninsula that juts out into the Mediterranean Sea in the north of the Ebro Delta. It is an extensive littoral arrow that includes the best-built system of sandbanks and mobile dunes in the Delta. From the point of view of fauna, the most outstanding aspect is the importance of the area for the breeding of seabirds. It is also of considerable importance as a refuge and feeding area for migratory aquatic bird species. A compact sand track crosses the Fangar through which you can ride or walk until reaching the middle, to the viewpoint, to the lighthouse that rises in the middle of the dunes. Immense sandy areas predominate in this area. Since you cannot walk through any of them due to their fragility, you must take the photo from a distance to avoid stepping on the bird breeding area. Sunsets are the best time to take photos in this location as light falls on the sand giving it the typical golden colour.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor