Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The town of Loreto is on the eastern coast of Mexico's Baja peninsula and overlooks the Sea of Cortez. There a many islands just offshore which makes for great fishing and photo opportunities. For this shot, I had to scramble to the top of a 100 foot cliff overlooking the sea in the pre-dawn light. The sea was wonderfully calm and provided long exposure opportunities in many directions. This particular scene lit up as sunrise approached and I was struck by the fact that the two islands were almost mirror images of each other. The building light cooperated by painting each island a different color to complement the sky and sea. Foreground plants and 131mm focal length completed the composition
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor