The is a section of the Provo River Falls in the Uinta Mountains of Utah along Hwy 150, also known as Mirror Lake Highway. There are several falls and the two I captured are at the top section. I was heading east across the country when I came across these and had to stop. It's not often I pass a relatively good sized fall.
Total height of the falls is over 100 feet but no single falls is over 35 feet. The was is almost always cold so while it may be inviting during summer, it's still frigid. I was passing through here at the end of August and there was already snow on the higher peaks.
I love the sound of waterfalls. It would not be difficult for me to sit near one and fall asleep. It is one of my favorite sounds. And they're beautiful events.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor