The is a section of the Provo River Falls in the Uinta Mountains of Utah along Hwy 150, also known as Mirror Lake Highway. There are several falls and the two I captured are at the top section. I was heading east across the country when I came across these and had to stop. It's not often I pass a relatively good sized fall.
Total height of the falls is over 100 feet but no single falls is over 35 feet. The was is almost always cold so while it may be inviting during summer, it's still frigid. I was passing through here at the end of August and there was already snow on the higher peaks.
I love the sound of waterfalls. It would not be difficult for me to sit near one and fall asleep. It is one of my favorite sounds. And they're beautiful events.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor