Over 50,000 acres of sunflowers are grown for hybrid seed in the Sacramento, CA area. The production of sunflower seeds is well suited to our valley and they are a water-efficient crop. The sunflowers are grown under contract for seed companies that have facilities in Woodland and other locations in the Sacramento Valley. After harvest and processing, the seeds are shipped around the world. Many of the sunflower seeds grown in this area go to growers in the Midwest, Eastern Europe, Russia, and Ukraine, where the crop is grown for oil.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor