Over 50,000 acres of sunflowers are grown for hybrid seed in the Sacramento, CA area. The production of sunflower seeds is well suited to our valley and they are a water-efficient crop. The sunflowers are grown under contract for seed companies that have facilities in Woodland and other locations in the Sacramento Valley. After harvest and processing, the seeds are shipped around the world. Many of the sunflower seeds grown in this area go to growers in the Midwest, Eastern Europe, Russia, and Ukraine, where the crop is grown for oil.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor