Some mornings are just better than others! On this day, I just had a gut feeling the sunrise would be spectacular up in the mountains. With a wake up around 3:30am and a two hour drive up to the base of Hood, I was already exhausted by the time I put my snow shoes on and began the hike up White River in the dark. After deciding to find a composition with fluffy snow in the foreground rather than flowing water, I settled on this spot and began snapping images when first light began to appear. For more than half an hour, the skies changed from one brilliant color to the next and provided yet another awe inspiring Oregon morning. I know there were a lot of images on this morning from a lot of great photographers, and I just feel lucky to have captured this magical moment!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor