About 5.30 one morning before work I was on OHope Beach watching a brillliant sun rise at the eastern end of the beach. After capturing a number of striking colourful images, I looked at my watch and realised I needed to head home to get ready for work.
I turned from the sunrise to look out to sea and immediately focused my camera on Moutohora Island out to sea. It was low tide and the colour spread from the sky across the waves and onto the wet sand of the beach. I removed the graduated filter that I'd had in place for the sunrise and took several images before the colours faded. It was a wonderful way to start the day before getting back to my normal workday.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor