A quick visit at the point view to Heceta Lighthouse during the day provided a good glimpse of the spot, but it was full of people and cars. Returning after sunset was the right move. Now the entire place was available just for myself. My big lens brought the scene close enough and after several trials and errors I found the right settings to start capturing the scene. It required a long exposure and at the same time covering the lens at intervals to help the light point to one direction only. There was some challenge to it, but at the end I was pleased with the results as it enhances the lighthouse with what a lighthouse has to do - be a beacon with its light.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor