A quick visit at the point view to Heceta Lighthouse during the day provided a good glimpse of the spot, but it was full of people and cars. Returning after sunset was the right move. Now the entire place was available just for myself. My big lens brought the scene close enough and after several trials and errors I found the right settings to start capturing the scene. It required a long exposure and at the same time covering the lens at intervals to help the light point to one direction only. There was some challenge to it, but at the end I was pleased with the results as it enhances the lighthouse with what a lighthouse has to do - be a beacon with its light.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor