On a recent trip to the North Island of New Zealand, a fellow photographer friend showed me around this city as I had never been there before. This would have to be the highlight of the two weeks I spent there and NOT how I imagined I'd be photographing this waterfall. Hands down, the most beautiful falls in NZ – so many available compositions at this location – this image is the strongest of the ones I took. I am very partial to waterfalls being edited in black and white. Another reason for the black-and-white edit is it is very forgiving if you don't get the right light on the day. I don't use filters as it's another piece of 'stuff' to carry, so I prefer to shoot in the low light parts of the day.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor