On a recent trip to the North Island of New Zealand, a fellow photographer friend showed me around this city as I had never been there before. This would have to be the highlight of the two weeks I spent there and NOT how I imagined I'd be photographing this waterfall. Hands down, the most beautiful falls in NZ – so many available compositions at this location – this image is the strongest of the ones I took. I am very partial to waterfalls being edited in black and white. Another reason for the black-and-white edit is it is very forgiving if you don't get the right light on the day. I don't use filters as it's another piece of 'stuff' to carry, so I prefer to shoot in the low light parts of the day.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor