The weather looked quite good for sunset, so I decided to go for it; even if it didn't work out, I wasn't bothered as it was as much about getting out into nature again, with a bit of exploration. Some more practice flying my drone – it was great to get out!
Mike Tonge, a friend of mine, decided to meet me for sunset, so there was the bonus of some company.
The few hours I spent on location seemed to go very quickly. Then, all too soon, it was time to find a spot for the impending sunset; this one was chosen with the hope that the smaller tree could be fitted 'inside' the larger one by getting low down.
The weather had gone from being sunny and perfectly still to blowing a gale which made keeping the tree still quite a hard task.
The sun vanished into the low cloud and haze shortly after this picture was taken. Knowing there wouldn't be an 'aftershow' of any kind, we made our way back down the hill and out of the strong winds before setting off home. A great use of an evening.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor