this image portrays Lake Gover located in Gressoney in the Aosta Valley in the Valle del Lys. A wonderful road that leads into the heart of the valley through the renowned centers of Lillianes, Fontainemoire, Issime and Gaby. This suggestive locality, Gressoney, preserves especially the Walser tradition in common with Alagna Valsesia in Piedmont, province of Vercelli. In fact, there is a German-speaking community, the only exception in the Aosta Valley where Italian-French bilingualism reigns.We chose to visit Gressoney in October to first photograph the famous castle of Queen Margherita di Savoia among the autumn colors and to bring out the beauty of this enchanting lake. And there is no better choice than this romantic and lonely season, to immerse yourself in silence and avoid crowds of people. Lake Gover, of artificial origin, is located near the capital of Gressoney-Saint-Jean.
Surrounded by centuries-old pines and firs, the lake is in a magnificent position for those who want to admire the Monte Rosa chain.
During the summer months in the pond it is possible to practice sport fishing: in addition, the presence of a large equipped playground and various entertainment activities for children, make the area extremely pleasant to spend beautiful days outdoors.
This little lake offers a delightful view of Monte Rosa which is reflected creating delicate and wonderful undulations. As for the photographic framing I chose the classic scene mode on Nikon D5200 autumn colors but the usual programm mode with slight underexposure is also fine. I also recommend focusing on the details with the tour around the lake, red flora that is reflected in the water , October foliage.In fact, this month represents the best time to fully dedicate yourself to nature photography.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor