This picture is an intimate 30-second exposure taken at a high altitude of the Nooksack River. The Nooksack River begins its journey flowing from within the Mount Baker Snoqualmie National Forest.
I appreciate the value of the members who have been specific regarding the ND filters used in their pictures. I can be specific in this picture as I only have one B+W solid ND filter for this prime lens. This 55mm Zeiss prime lens ranks second best according to the DXO Mark of all Sony Zeiss lenses made for E-mount full-frame Sony cameras.
This stretch of the Nooksack River flows under a thick canopy of forest; the river is best lit when the sun is lighting it from strait above. This picture was taken at 2:40 p.m. This time of the day was perfect for a detailed close-up of the water flowing through, over, and under the rocks.
I selected this picture from the shoot as it has the most water flow of the ones I liked best.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor