This was taken on a Canadian Rockies tour with a well-known Canadian Photographer. It was my first time photographing in this area, so my first view of the mountains while driving to Banff blew me away; living in New England, there are mountains, but nothing even remotely close to the size and magnificence of the Rockies.
My friends in the car wanted to leave me by the side of the road because I couldn't stop saying, "Stop the car! I need to photograph this!" pretty much all the way to our hotel.
The Mistaya Canyon is a grand sweeping landscape. It can be overwhelming at first when trying to photograph it. So I opted for a spit of land to the right and above the valley, and then I waited for the clouds to clear a little so the mountain would be revealed; I can be very patient! Nobody with me could get a shot with the mountain in the background, but the sky opened up for maybe a minute, and I was ready for that moment.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor