This was taken on a Canadian Rockies tour with a well-known Canadian Photographer. It was my first time photographing in this area, so my first view of the mountains while driving to Banff blew me away; living in New England, there are mountains, but nothing even remotely close to the size and magnificence of the Rockies.
My friends in the car wanted to leave me by the side of the road because I couldn't stop saying, "Stop the car! I need to photograph this!" pretty much all the way to our hotel.
The Mistaya Canyon is a grand sweeping landscape. It can be overwhelming at first when trying to photograph it. So I opted for a spit of land to the right and above the valley, and then I waited for the clouds to clear a little so the mountain would be revealed; I can be very patient! Nobody with me could get a shot with the mountain in the background, but the sky opened up for maybe a minute, and I was ready for that moment.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor