Inspired by public television programs about America’s National Parks, I visited Glacier National Park in the summer of 2000. I attempted to capture the amazing landscape with my Minolta film camera. I was an inexperienced landscape photographer, and my photos were not what I had envisioned, but the experience compelled me to study the art of landscape photography.
Nineteen years later, I returned to Glacier with a new camera and years of experience under my belt. I hiked many of the most popular trails, covering 110 miles in 7 days. The Hidden Lake Trail was one of the shortest but allowed me to capture one of the most beautiful scenes in the park. I arrived shortly after sunrise and was treated to the morning light breaking through the low clouds, remnants of a late-night storm.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor