The Battery Point Lighthouse is an iconic structure at the Northwest Tip of California, in the fishing town of Crescent City. It is still a working lighthouse whose first lamps were lit towards the end of 1856.
This is one of those occasions where shooting a landscape with a long lens was the call. The only place to capture the scene from this angle was quite a distance away, so the 70-200 2.8 pushed out all the way to 200 created a fantastic scene.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor