Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
After a dreamlike mood photography at the seabed of the "wild coast" of Belle-Ile-en-Mer with the tide going out, I had already packed my camera equipment to climb up the cliff again. When I had climbed about a third of the way up over a rocky outcrop, this wonderful color spectacle presented itself to me. So I unpacked the camera gear again, set up the tripod and balanced it to capture this wonderful mood. I decided to use a low ISO and a long exposure time to capture the movement of the clouds and waves.
I was in late October on the largest Breton island, Belle-Ile-en-Mer, which Claude Monet fell in love with and which inspired him to create 39 of his masterpieces. The island is located in the Bay of Morbihan, 45 minutes by ferry from the mainland. Here the Atlantic Ocean crashes with full force and beauty on the island, which is climatically favored by the Gulf Stream. Frequently changing moods and weather conditions make it a dream destination for landscape photographers. The change from storms with up to 90 km/h (56 mp/h) to summer temperatures within a very short time at the end of October is not uncommon - and thus offers varied moods.
This photo was taken on the wild southern coast of the island, overlooking the open Atlantic Ocean, during my stay in late October. Along the entire coast there is a beautiful hiking trail where you can really feel the landscape. In some places you can climb down the cliff to discover wonderful viewpoints. The island and the photo spots can be explored very well on foot. Especially exciting are the frequent weather changes and light moods, which are a paradise for photographers.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor