On a sunny day this month, at the end of the afternoon, when returning from a visit to the new sanctuary of Santo Antão da Barca, the sky began to be full of dark clouds towards the west. It looked like there would be heavy rain, but that didn’t happen. The sun remained behind the clouds until sunset. Sun’s rays projected onto the hills and valleys in the distance, creating an effect of great aesthetic beauty and dramatism. The moment was captured with a Hasselblad H3D camera. Its excellent sensor managed to capture the rays of light behind the clouds faithfully. Image adjustments were minimal, limiting to brightening the closest planes.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor