Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Grand Teton National Park, located just north of Jackson, Wyoming, is known for its unique range of jagged mountain peaks, rivers, ranches and wildlife. The park offers a multitude of photographic opportunities using the snow covered mountains, rivers and fauna as subjects.
I took this picture on a June morning from Signal Mountain, before the snow melted from the mountain peaks. On this particular morning the skies were clear and less interesting, so I used the balsam root to create foreground interest. Since the balsam root was inches away from the camera lens, I took three shots to achieve front to back depth of field; one shot of the flowers, one shot of the trees and one shot of the mountains. I then focused stacked the images using Photoshop. The mountain in the center is Mount Moran the most prominent peak in the Teton range.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor