Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The Pink Granite Coast (in Breton Aod ar vein ruz, literally "coast of red stones") is a coastal area of the English Channel located in the Côtes-d'Armor in northern Brittany, in the historic region of Trégor near of Lannion. It is one of the many choronyms of the French coast: the granite which outcrops, has a dominant brown verging on pink, it is this physical characteristic which is at the origin of this tourist designation.
This geological particularity extends over 10 km over the municipalities of Perros-Guirec, Trégastel, Pleumeur-Bodou and Trébeurden (from east to west).
Apart from its characteristic color, the coast is dotted with chaotic heaps, the flagship of which is the coastal footpath which starts from Trestraou beach (Perros-Guirec) and ends at Saint-Guirec cove in Ploumanac'h.
The pink granite coast is very well known to photographers, mainly for its famous lighthouse of Mean-Ruz, but many other beautiful surprises are to be discovered, including the beach of Pors-Rolland which is located precisely on the coastal path. The site is very picturesque with large rocks, some with shapes reminiscent of animals.
For this photo, I had in mind this composition, which required having the sunrise just to the right of the most important rock mass. End of June was the ideal time to have the sun in the right place, and normally favorable weather conditions. I proceeded to different exposures and it is this long exposure of 160 seconds that I prefer, the clouds not being to my taste that morning.
As always, do not hesitate to contact me for more information on this place.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor