Garrison Lake is located in the cute Oregon coastal town of Port Orford. It's a beautiful area with wonderful people. If you go, please be sure to stop by Tasty Kates and get a cinnamon roll.
My girlfriend and I stumbled across this during a West Coast trip and instantly fell in love with it. We went out to this peaceful spot to watch the sunset and I set up my gear.
As we waited the sky began to glow. And it kept glowing and glowing. There is not much of a bump in saturation with this one, just a gorgeous scene and I count myself lucky to have been there.
This was shot in April, which is a great time to go. Since this image I've been back several times during various seasons and it's always beautiful in some form.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor