One day in November 2022, I consulted my weather app for the expected conditions at sunset. Partly cloudy was the probable forecast. Thinking that the setting sun to the west of the city would illuminate the horizon on the east side, I decided to head to the Riviere-des-Prairies, where I knew that the shoreline led to the sunset.
I set up my tripod a half hour before sunset. I composed the picture to incorporate the contrasts, the green color on the shoreline and the distant bridge. As expected, the clouds were beautifully illuminated.
I fitted my 10-stop ND filter and captured a 53-second exposure to smooth any wind ripples on the water's surface. I envisioned a long exposure to decrease texture on the water surface while increasing reflections and augmenting the impact of the clouds. As always, I used the Live Time feature on my camera to achieve a perfect histogram (ETTR).
It is important to have favorite photo sites not far from home. I live in a big city and can drive to this location in less than 15 minutes.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor