In July, I was scouting rural roads of the Ste-Melanie region looking for beautiful compositions to take at sunset. The light appearing between the mountain and the clouds looked amazing, so I stopped and parked the car on the side of the road. I set up my tripod and installed my wide-angle lens. I was drawn to the many subtle layers of colours and the contrast of the elements in the frame. As I had doubts that my camera’s sensor had sufficient dynamic range to capture the scene, I used a 5-shot exposure bracketing to assure that I would have enough information to compose a final image in post-processing. Scouting in such an environment, on a cloudy day at sunset, offers great opportunities to capture beautiful images.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor