Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
On February morning I went with my friend Maciej to the frosty area which is called Suwalszczyzna. The day was very foggy. The fog was slowly rising up and in the sky there was a white shade illuminated by the sun. The ground covered with snow merged with the sky and formed a white impenetrable wall.
An Icelandic saying goes: ‘On a white, white day, when the sky cannot be distinguished from the ground, the dead can speak to those who are still alive’.
We reached the village of Wodziłki, where we came across a small Protestant cemetary. The cemetary was overgrown with hudge trees covered with rime. A tangle of frosen twigs wound up towards the fulgent sky. The whole thing resembled a gothic cathedral illuminated with light.
Using the fisheye lens / Pentax 6x7 35 mm/ enhanced this monumental efect.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor